Average number of days lost due to a hamstring strain is usually 8 to 25 days depending on injury location and severity ranges. Unfortunately once the game began participation during the initial 2 weeks is a high risk of re-injury.
Individual and the age of a prior history of a hamstring injury risk factors have been identified as non-convertible. Modifiable risk factors hamstring weakness, fatigue, poor flexibility and strength (hamstring vs. quadriceps or eccentric versus concentric) imbalance and coordination deficits of the trunk and pelvic muscles are involved.
• Mechanisms of injury: high speed running is the most common specific hamstring injury. Sudden eccentric loading (after the football to kick the ball through or for example in the form of martial arts) is a common mechanism.
Due to a high rate of recurrence, patients may report a previous injury. Also, a "familiar" spot adjacent to or in place of a previous injury can lead to injury.
• Most of injury time, the immediate pain, often associated with proximal tendon includes an audible "pop" patients face. They often are unable to continue due to the pain of activity (1)
• Patients have difficulty in walking or running, or may be reported pain when sitting, the damage may be more proximal.
• Injuries include intramuscular tendon or aponeurosis and adjacent muscle fibers (eg biceps femoris during high speed training), usually a proximal free tendon (eg semimembranosus tendon strain during dancing and kicking) a shorter time frame than those involving the need of rehabilitation.
• more proximal step toward the ischial tuberosity injuries and / or increase the length and cross-sectional areas - treatment and rehabilitation to extend the deadline.
• initial assessment and estimate the potential of injury recurrence risk appears to be no connection between.
• The main purpose of examination, a careful history can identify the exact location of the strain and the resulting need to assess dysfunction
• assess the strength of the hamstring muscles about the knee and hip to guide through resistance is recommended.It is important that the variable length musculo - strap that is hip and the knee is due to the different amounts of force. So many test posts, isometric strength and pain provocation (eg 15 and 0 ° with 90 ° of hip extension at constant resistance) should be performed to assess.
• Palpation of the point of maximum pain (ischial tuberosity relative) of the place is associated with the recovery time limit. More proximal than the site of maximum pain for longer than a pre-injury level (2) that signals a return. The specific area (pain provocation) and the presence / absence of a clear defect in the muscle tendon unit is required to determine.
The findings reveal a positive contribution to more proximal and often individuals who have recurrent hamstring injuries (because of residual swelling and scarring) is associated with. Consider also the absence of a mechanism of injury should be given for participation in the nerve.
, but are not yet able to predict the risk for injury to persons. MR imaging of injuries caused by the residual scarring of the deep part of the muscle is considered superior to ultrasonography, measuring the size of injury and increased sensitivity to identify subtle edema.
Criminal Defense Attorneys
6 years ago